Here’s Everything You Need To Know About The New Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw
The reshuffling of the Union Cabinet by Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi has taken a lot of people by surprise. But when it comes to the new Railway Minister, it actaully is more of a pleasant surprise.
While, of course as citizens we diss the government for not appointing more qualified people to run the nation, Rajya Sabha member from Odisha, Ashwini Vaishnaw who is not only the Railway Minister of the country now but is also heading the Ministries of Communications, and Electronics and Information Technology is well-educated and over qualified.
The last thing we expect from the government is to have a well-educated politician, but Vaishnaw’s resume will impress you.
1. This 50-year-old minister is a former IAS officer of the 1994 batch. He handled important responsibilities for over 15 years and was particularly known for his contribution to the PPP framework in Infrastructure.
2. During his stint as an IAS officer, he had worked as the District Magistrate-cum-Collector of the districts of Balasore and Cuttack. He was also involved in the rescue efforts when the super cyclone hit Odisha in 1999 which killed at least 10,000 people.
3. Till 2003, he worked in Odisha before being appointed as deputy secretary in former PM Vajpayee’s office. Later, he was appointed as private secretary of Vajpayee after the NDA lost the election in the year 2004.
4. Born in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur, Vaishnaw is also an IIT Kanpur graduate and completed his MTech from the prestigious college. However, despite having a good government job after college, he chose to quit it in 2008 and went to Wharton University, Pennysylvania University in the United States to pursue MBA.
5. After he returned back from the US, he worked for some top firms. Then he decided to set up his own automotive components manufacturing units in Gujarat. He then held leadership roles across major global companies such as General Electric and Siemens.
6. According to Vaishnaw’s Linkedin profile, he has 17 years of experience in leadership positions in infrastructure development.
7. He developed a 5 mtpa coal import terminal, privatised container business, developed cruise terminal, three mooring dolphins, and implemented ERP at Goa Port. He was also awarded President’s Silver Medal, Commendation by National Human Rights Commission.
People of Twitter have been more than impressed with this new Union Cabinet Minister’s resume and have been congratulating him for the same.
We hope his vast and brilliant resume comes to good use and India shines and grows with new and advanced technologies from here on.
His entry as the Minister of Railways has commenced after Union Cabinet Minister Piyush Goyal put up his resignation yesterday.